Recipe by CJSchmitt
Don't let my lack of specific measurements keep you from trying this fantastic white chili. I'm a "freestyle" chef so most of my recipes are open for interpretation and experimentation. My husband and kids all enjoy this; I hope you do too.
Top Review by Queendawnita
YUM! I am also a free style chef, so I added a healthy dose of cumin, and a diced Anaheim chile for some heat. I also added the garlic at the end to give it a savory kick. I let the chili simmer for about an hour to allow it to reduce. Next time (since my hubby called it a keeper!), I will drain the fat from the turkey so that I do not have to continually integrate it. Thanks for this easy, delicious recipe!
- 1 lb ground turkey (I use frozen)
- canola oil or olive oil
- minced garlic
- chopped onion
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans (not drained)
- 3 cups chicken broth (either homemade or store bought)
- chili powder
- bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the garlic and chopped onion briefly in the oil then add the raw ground turkey.
- Cook until the turkey is cooked through and slightly browned.
- Add the great northern beans, the broth (to your desired consistency), and the spices (to your taste).
- Simmer for 15-30 minutes.