Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can get any eaiser then this with such a great tasting chili... Ohh Sooo good! This receipe comes from Mr. Tim Keller, thanks buddy!
- 48 ounces great northern beans
- 2 cups medium salsa (About 1 medium jar) or 2 cups hot salsa (About 1 medium jar)
- 2 -3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (48 ounce) can chicken broth
- Microwave, bake or boil chicken breast.
- Tear or cut apart.
- Mix all in large pot and cook for one hour on med. heat or place in a crock-pot on low for all day.
I have made this a few times. So far I have only cooked it on the stove. Doing so, I've discovered the flavor is better the next day. My first time, I used mild salsa which definitely needed more spice. This is really tasty topped with sour cream and grated sharp cheddar. I rinse canned beans to get rid of the canned taste. When making beans from dried, I add salt, oil and red pepper to add flavor. I have scaled this down to make lunch just for me. Easy recipe! Thanks kimschmee!
Very good. I cooked it in the crock pot all day and you can definitley taste the difference! I added cumin, salt, and pepper to taste (which means a lot).