Recipe by Stacky5
This is a recipe that I got from a Mother from my son's preschool. I was dying to find an easy white chili recipe that I could quickly make after working all day...Well, this one is it. Tastes just like what I was craving, and even better is the fact the the kids ate it up! Really good, if you ask me...They especially like this when I serve it with "Jiffy Cornbread" -- which as you probably know is the "sweet" kind of cornbread...
Top Review by DARLENECONNELL
This is a great variation of chili if you want a change from the traditional beef. I had folks asking me for the recipe. If you want to make it thicker you can add 2 cups of the cheese directly into the chili. I did back off the on the cayenne to 1/8 tsp. and added 1/8 tsp. of ground cloves.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar navy beans
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less, to taste)
- sour cream (to garnish)
- grated white cheddar cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken breasts, beans, broth, garlic, onions, chilies and spices in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour, until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove chicken and cut into bite sized pieces when slightly cooled (enough to handle.).
- Add chicken back into the soup and simmer for about 10 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve with sour cream and grated cheese as a garnish.