5 hrs 30 mins
This is a wonderful white chicken chili that is super easy to prepare and really yummy. It's a great change of pace during the winter once your family starts to become tired of tomato-cased stews and chilies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken, cut up into small chunks (I like to use boneless breasts for their "ease" and lower fat content)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds (ground will not withstand long cooking as well)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed (great northern or cannellini)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped bell peppers (you may use green, yellow, or red or a combination of the three which is what I do)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (you may want to do more or less depending on how much "heat" you like)
- 1In a 4 or 6 quart crockery cooker combine the chicken, onions, chicken broth, garlic, cumin and oregano.
- 2Let cook awhile on low (approx 3-5 hours, depending on your schedule).
- 3Add drained beans.
- 4Now here is the important part if you don't want mushy chili. Add the bell peppers and jalapeño peppers (if using) no earlier than the last hour or hour and a half before serving.
- 5Top each serving with shredded Monterey jack cheese and or broken tortilla chips if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy White Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 451.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 39.9 g