Recipe by gruvygrl
Easy & tastes great. A nice add-on or novelty item for a gift or dinner party. Recipe from CityLine (City TV) website.
- 8 1⁄2 ounces good quality dark chocolate (Lindt, Scharfenberger, Valhrona)
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 2 tablespoons whiskey (or liquor of your choosing)
- 10 ounces dark chocolate
- cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Boil the corn syrup& the cream and pour over the chopped chocolate.
- Add whiskey and whisk until smooth& glossy.
- When the mixture reaches the consistency of pudding, use a pastry bag to pipe out small mounds.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Melt the 10oz of chocolate (not too warm).
- Prepare a bowl with cocoa powder in it.
- Remove truffles from the fridge and roll them in your hands to form small balls.
- Use a fork to dip the truffles in the melted chocolate and then place them into the cocoa.
- When the chocolate has set, remove truffles from cocoa and store in the fridge.