Recipe by Diana in KS
Two recipes put together to make a wonderful bread. This bread is in made in three steps. Please see my other recipe for Easy Wheat Sourdough Bread.
Directions See How It's Made
- For some reason it will not show 1/4 teaspoon of yeast in the ingredients. So please so this amount. Any is fine,I used bread machine.
- Mix everything in a glass bowl or jar.
- Plastic is also fine but it will take slightly longer.
- I use a plastic spatula to mix, some use chop sticks. Do not use anything metal to stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap or poke a hole in jar lid.
- Sit it aside and let it work until doubled and bubbly. 4-6 hours.
- How to feed your new starter:.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of starter before using the rest and mix with 1/4 cup Water 1/4 cup flour in a new jar or bowl. Use the same methods listed above for mixing.
- 12 hours later refeed (doubling the.
- starter) and repeat this until you have the amount of starter you want built up. I always try and adjust this so that there are at least a few doublings of the starter before I actually incorporate it into a dough.
- Spring water-Do not use fresh tap water.
- Take 1 1/4 cup and heat to a bowl and let sit on your counter overnight. Measure and use as you would spring water.