1/1 Photo of Easy Wheat Sourdough Bread (Abm)
Diana in KS's Note:
This recipe goes along with Easy wheat sourdough starter. Directions are included for the sponge and the dough. Good Luck :) Dough is to be mixed in a bread machine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups proofed sourdough starter
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (oil is fine)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1FOR THE SPONGE. (This will make the proofed sourdough starter.).
- 21 cup starter, 3/4 cup water & 2 cups flour.
- 3Mix the starter with the flour & water.
- 4Set aside and let sit 4-8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- 5Let proceed till it expands 3 times it's original size.
- 6FOR THE DOUGH.
- 7Add in all ingredients starting from 1 1/4 proofed starter into the bread machine.
- 8Let the bread machine mix, kneed and do the first rise.
- 9Remove at beep to lightly floured surface.
- 10Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- 11Pat each dough portion out into a flat circle.
- 12Gently stretch and fold the left side over the middle, then the right over the middle.
- 13Like folding a letter.
- 14Shape, always keeping the folded side on the bottom.
- 15Spray pan with pam & then place shaped dough into pans.
- 16Spray the tops and cover with plastic wrap.
- 17Refrigerate over night.
- 18Take out in the morning and let them finish rising at room temperature.
- 19They should be light.
- 20Don't rush the rising or your bread will be dense.
- 21Bake at 350 until done, about 30 minutes.
- 22If your bread is browning too fast, tent with aluminum foil.
- 23The bread is done when internal temperature reaches 210.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Wheat Sourdough Bread (Abm)
Serving Size: 1 (1298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1643.1
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 2511.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 307.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 43.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: