This recipe goes along with Easy wheat sourdough starter. Directions are included for the sponge and the dough. Good Luck :) Dough is to be mixed in a bread machine.
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups proofed sourdough starter
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (oil is fine)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- FOR THE SPONGE. (This will make the proofed sourdough starter.).
- 1 cup starter, 3/4 cup water & 2 cups flour.
- Mix the starter with the flour & water.
- Set aside and let sit 4-8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Let proceed till it expands 3 times it's original size.
- FOR THE DOUGH.
- Add in all ingredients starting from 1 1/4 proofed starter into the bread machine.
- Let the bread machine mix, kneed and do the first rise.
- Remove at beep to lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- Pat each dough portion out into a flat circle.
- Gently stretch and fold the left side over the middle, then the right over the middle.
- Like folding a letter.
- Shape, always keeping the folded side on the bottom.
- Spray pan with pam & then place shaped dough into pans.
- Spray the tops and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Take out in the morning and let them finish rising at room temperature.
- They should be light.
- Don't rush the rising or your bread will be dense.
- Bake at 350 until done, about 30 minutes.
- If your bread is browning too fast, tent with aluminum foil.
- The bread is done when internal temperature reaches 210.