Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
So simple on those busy nights! From the Feb. 2006 issue of Southern Living Magazine
- 2 (8 7/8 ounce) packagesof ready to serve cooked yellow rice
- 1 (14 ounce) package smoked beef sausage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Heat rice according to package directions, set aside.
- Cut sausage into 1/2/ inch thick slises.
- Cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat 4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Wipe skillet clean, and return the sausage to the skillet.
- Stir in rice, diced tomatoes, parsley, and 1/4 cup of water. Cook for 3 minutes, or untill thoroughly heated.
Quick and easy meal when time is tight. I used an 8 ounce box of yellow rice mix, instead of the already prepared version. Flavorful, filling dinner with just a few ingredients.