Recipe by Loves2Teach
So simple on those busy nights! From the Feb. 2006 issue of Southern Living Magazine
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Quick and easy meal when time is tight. I used an 8 ounce box of yellow rice mix, instead of the already prepared version. Flavorful, filling dinner with just a few ingredients.
- 2 (8 7/8 ounce) packagesof ready to serve cooked yellow rice
- 1 (14 ounce) package smoked beef sausage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat rice according to package directions, set aside.
- Cut sausage into 1/2/ inch thick slises.
- Cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat 4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Wipe skillet clean, and return the sausage to the skillet.
- Stir in rice, diced tomatoes, parsley, and 1/4 cup of water. Cook for 3 minutes, or untill thoroughly heated.