Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a standby from my single days when I wanted something a little fancier but I was on my own. I've modified it so hubby can enjoy as well. This recipe has 8g digestible carbs per serving if you use Dreamfields because it only has 5g per serving according to the box. I can't tell the difference between it and regular pasta.
- 0.5 (13 1/4 ounce) package low-carb linguine (Dreamfields)
- 4 ounces surimi (imitation crab or imitation lobster)
- 1 cup low-fat alfredo sauce (Ragu Light Parmesan)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional)
- 3 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, do not overcook.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil and add garlic. Sautee for one minute and then add mushrooms and surimi. Add wine.
- Once mushrooms are cooked and surimi is warmed, having reduced the wine, add alfredo sauce, and a dash of italian seasoning if you'd like. Serve over pasta.