Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
When DF and I were at the end of the month, low on money, and scrounging to make meals, I created this chicken dish, and I thought it turned out really tasty, so I thought I would share. Just as a note, I buy whole chickens to save money, so I often use random chicken pieces for any chicken meal. Feel free to use whatever chicken you have handy, but make sure to adjust the cook time for the thickness of your meat.
- 4 pieces chicken (breasts, thighs, legs, and or or wings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sun dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In large zip lock bag add chicken in olive oil. Shake to thoroughly cover chicken pieces,.
- Place chicken in baking dish. Sprinkle on both sides with salt, pepper, and basil.
- Without washing spices off chicken, add chicken broth to bottom of baking dish.
- Top chicken pieces with vinaigrette (no need to spread evenly, the vinaigrette will coat chicken as it bakes).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in center.
What a great idea. It is not only simple to prepare, but it's so delicious too. I made my own sun-dried tomato vinaigrette, and it really added that extra flavor sensation that turned a plain chicken breast into an elegant meal. Everyone should keep this recipe handy for those busy nights when you want a quick yet delicious meal but don't have a lot of time. Thanks SaffonMeSilly. We really enjoyed this dish. Made for 2009 Fall Pick-A-Chef.