Recipe by Loves2Teach
So simple to throw together after a long day! From the Feb. 2006 Southern Living Magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (8 7/8 ounce) envelopesready to serve cooked long-grain rice
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1/4 inch slices, and set aside.
- Heat rice according to package directions, and set aside.
- Saute bacon in a large skilled over medium high heat 8 minutes, or until crisp.
- Remove bacon, reserving 1 tbs drippings in the skillet.
- Saute onion in hot drippings in skillet for 3 min, or until tender.
- Stir in chicken , and saute for 8 min, or until the chicken is done.
- Stir in the rice, bacon, peas, and the next three ingredients.
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.