Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a casserole my Dad (who never cooks) made when my mom was late coming home from work. It is super fast and easy and now it is in regular rotation in my family's weekly menus.
- 1 lb 92% lean ground beef
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans canned green beans
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's condensed tomato soup
- mashed potatoes (for ease, I use a container of Bob Evans refrigerated mashed potatoes)
- Brown and drain the ground beef. Add the beef, soup, and green beans together in a casserole dish and mix together. Scoop the mashed potatoes around the edge of the casserole dish (do not mix the potatoes into the soup mixture). Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min or until potatoes are browned.
My mother in law gave me this recipe and I love it! It is total comfort food and so tasty!
I grew up on this recipe. It was one of my favorites but we called it Hamburger Pie. It is easy and delicious and kids love it!