Recipe by Progresso Recipe Starters
Top Review by flower7
Not sure why there's water listed in the ingredients since it's not mentioned in the directions. I got this recipe off the can for the cooking sauce and there's no water mentioned.
That said, this is DELICIOUS mac & cheese! I used extra sharp cheddar and Velveeta. Didn't add bell pepper but added breadcrumbs before baking the mac so it would get browned. Will be making this again!
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 (18 ounce) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy three cheese cooking sauce
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped garlic or 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 1⁄2 ounces water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, chopped
- 2 ounces American cheese, loaf shredded
- 2 1⁄2 ounces cooked bacon pieces
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper, if desired
- Progresso Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, heat cooking sauce, milk and garlic to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in pasta, bacon and bell pepper. Spoon into casserole.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.