Our HOA is a stickler about grass/weeds in the expansion joints of the driveway, but I am extremely leery of herbicides (or any commercial 'cide'). This easy mixture is also safe enough to let my 10 yr old help out when we are sprucing up the yard! How many lawn care products can say that?!? =)
- Combine ingredients.
- Stir, agitate, swirl, etc until salt is dissolved.
- Put in spray bottle & mist away!
- Note: Don't mist it if you don't want it dead. Weeds shrivel & brown in 2-3 days. I've also used ice cream type salt with no noticeable change in effectiveness.
- Easily increased using 1 part salt/2 parts water.
- As always, keep away from small children who may be young enough to ingest it. (Eww!).
As you can see from the before and after photos, this weed killer really works. A note of precaution: I wouldn't use this indiscriminately, it will kill everything. P.S. The green in the after photo is just grass clippings. The picture was taken after the lawn was mowed