Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was featured in this months Family Circle. I have eliminated the sausage called for in the original recipe to make this a great, easy vegan option!
- 1 1⁄4 cups lentils, rinsed
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, quartered, drained and rinsed
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely choped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette (I prefer reduced-fat)
- Cook lentils according to package directions, 20-25 minute or until tender. Drain.
- Stir together lentils, artichokes, scallions, red pepper, and carrot in medium sized bowl. Drizzle vinagrette over top and stir until well blended. Serve immediately.
A lovely, unique salad! This makes a perfect alternative to the usual salads. I made this just as written. I feel that it could have used a little something extra..... like maybe some fresh cilantro/parsley and maybe even some crumbled goat cheese stirred in while it's warm. I will add those things next time. Thanx!