Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Although I haven't tried it yet I think this would work using all strawberries and strawberry jelly or with any fruit, so you may want to give that a try --- plan ahead about 2 hours as the berries need to thaw at room temperature --- this may be prepared up to 3 days ahead, covered and refrigerated... just rewarm in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
Top Review by Scoutie
Very tasty! I am going thru all of my old food mags to put the recipes I like here and saw a similar recipe in Bon Appetit magazine and was going to post it, but here it is! For me it takes about 35 to 40 minutes to cook down. We use it with pancakes, waffles, french toast, vanilla ice cream and yougurt. Delicious and easy! Thanks for posting Kitten.
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 2⁄3 cup red currant jelly (can use a bit more)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (can use more for a sweeter taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all frozen berries, jelly and sugar in a large skillet; let stand until berries thaw and mixture is juicy, stirring occasionally and breaking up strawberries into smaller pieces (this should take a couple hours).
- Boil until mixture thickens but is still chunky, stirring frequently (about 7 minutes).