This is from california walnuts home page. Very healthy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup california walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/4 tsp. regular salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups frozen baby peas
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1Place walnuts and water in food processor. Puree until very smooth. Set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan whisk together milk and flour. Add garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring until slightly thickened and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in walnut mixture; simmer and stir over low heat until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- 5Combine pasta, peas, Parmesan and sauce. Stir over low heat just until heated through and pasta is evenly coated with sauce.
- 6Top each serving with a few strips of proscuitto.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Walnut Fettuccine Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.7
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.6 mg
- Sodium 552.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: