Recipe by 4Susan
Bite-sized chunks of tender moist chicken encased in a walnut-cheese coating, won't last long on any appetizer tray. You can make these ahead of time & freeze or bake & serve right away.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1 inches cubes; this is easier if they're partly frozen.
- In a small bowl, combine rest of the ingredients except butter.
- Dip cubes into melted butter, then into crumb mixture.
- On foil-lined baking sheet arrange pieces 1/2 inch apart.
- Cover and refrigerate (or freeze in single layer, then package in airtight containers; No need to thaw before baking).
- Bake, from fresh or frozen, uncovered at 400F for 15 - 20 minute or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot; if serving to guests then insert toothpicks for easy handling.