Recipe by racrgal
The first time I had this was at a race in Charlotte, NC. The guys cooked and these onions were on the menu. Excellent! These make a beautiful plate with a steak and corn on the cob. Even better that all can be cooked on the grill.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this with chicken bouillon cubes, then had my neighbor do the grilling! Both of us thought they were nice tasting & next time would make them as suggested, with the beef bouillon! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel onions leave whole.
- Cut a core in the center of the onion just large enough to fit a boullion cube.
- Place onions in a tin foil pan with cored end up.
- Place boullion cube in each onion.
- Fill pan with water about half way up on onions.
- Cover with foil.
- Place on grill for 30-45 minutes depending on how soft you like onions.
- Can be cooked in regular oven at 350.