Recipe by Manami
This is a copycat of the Victorian-Style dessert and it only takes a few minutes to prepare with high-quality purchased already prepared ingredients. To embellish it use additional fruit, chocolate chips, flaked coconut or whatever else you choose.
- 1 cup prepared eggnog
- 1⁄2 small lb cake or 1⁄2 small angel food cake, cut into 3-inch x1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup sweet sherry
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry-raspberry preserves
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh pineapple or 3⁄4 cup canned pineapple, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 6 amaretti cookies or 6 macaroons, crushed
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream, whipped and lightly sweetened with sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour eggnog into a deep flat bowl or compote dish.
- Arrange cake pieces over eggnog and aginst the edges of bowl.
- Moisten with sherry and brandy.
- Sprinkle lemon zest and almonds evenly over cake.
- Spoon on preserves, distribute banana, pineapple and amaretti cookies over preserves.
- Either pipe or spoon whipped cream on trifle.
- Serve by spooning trifle from the bottom of the dish to combine all ingredients.