Recipe by chicainpink1708
This is a really easy dip that is good for games or parties! One of my good friends dad made this "secret dip" that we always had during movie nights or when we were hanging out w/ a bunch of friends there. One day, my family and I were having appetizers bc we were watching a football game and I decided to try and make a similar dip. It turned out really good - my entire family loved it!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a medium sauce pan until the meat is thoroughly cooked and the onion is translucent. Drain.
- Cube the Velveeta cheese.
- Combine the beef and onion with the taco seasoning and add it to the crockpot. Add the cubed Velveeta cheese and mix well.
- Pour and stir in the jar of salsa.
- Stirring occasionally, cook on low for 30-60 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the dip is heated through.
- Serve with tortilla or corn chips. Keep in crockpot on low, so that it stays warm. Enjoy!
- Note: You could also exchange the salsa for 1 (10 oz) can of Rotel Tomatoes w/ green chilies.
- -I have also made a variation w/ some chopped black olives in it, but don't usually make it this way bc most of the people in my family don't like them. If you want to add a small can of olives, just add them right after the salsa.