Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes a wonderful afternoon snack or appetizer.
- 2 (6 inch) tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup cheese, shredded (any flavor)
- 1 tablespoon tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon mushroom, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- cooking spray
- Lightly spray a small frying pan with cooking spray.
- Cook the diced vegetables in the pan for about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat & add the taco sauce.
- Lightly spray another small frying pan with cooking spray.
- Place 1 of the tortilla shells into the pan. Put a thin layer of cheese onto the shell.
- Scatter the vegetable mixture over top of the cheese. Add another thin layer of cheese & cover with the second tortilla shell.
- Cook on both sides until slightly brown.
- Cut into quarters & serve hot.
This was a tasty, fast lunch. I also substituted salsa for the taco sauce.
A great breakfast! Made using corn tortillas and fat free cheddar cheese. Did not use the mushroom option. The flavors of the corn tortillas, onions, bell pepper, and cheese blend in to a tasty meal. Thanks for a great fast breakfast.
Excellent veggie quesadilla's. I omitted the mushrooms. And instead of green pepper I used some diced fresh jalapeno's for added heat. This is so quick and easy to prepare. I would not hesitate to throw in some shredded chicken and call it lunch. :) Thanks for posting.