Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick, versatile sammy that you can make using whatever veggies and cheese you like best. It's really good for those days where you don't feel much like cooking, but plain grilled cheese just isn't gonna cut it.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 ounces spinach, rinsed (about 3 C)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 slices thick multi-grain bread
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese or 1⁄2 cup soy cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper, and garlic and sautee until tender.
- Add spinach and cover pan. Cook until spinach wilts (about 3 min). Add soy sauce, salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
- Toast bread, place on baking sheet and cover with veggie mixture.
- Sprinkle on cheese and broil until melted.