Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
the use of frozen veggies keep prep time short
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces frozen vegetables, thawed, drained (cauliflower carrot asparagus blend)
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup water
- heat onion in oil in skillet over medium high heat until crisp tender --.
- add spaghetti sauce, vegetables and mushrooms, stir to combine -- set aside.
- in a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, egg and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, blend well --.
- spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce mixture in an ungreased 13x9" baking dish.top with 3 uncooked lasagna strips -- half of the cottage cheese mixture, half of the remaining spaghetti sauce mixture and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- repeat layers, starting wtih lasagna.
- pour water around edges of baking dish and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese, cover tightly with foil.
- bake at 375* for 45 minutes or until bubbly --.
- uncover, bake an additional 10 minutes --.
- let stand at least 5-10 minutes before serving.