1/1 Photo of Easy Veggie Enchiladas With Quick Sauce
Easy, and healthy if you use less cheese than I did. EXTREMELY tasty! These microwave very well and any leftover sauce can be refrigerated and used later. Sauce and enchiladas can also have jalapeños, chili powder to spice them up or other veggies. I used a couple baby carrots, for color and a little flavor- YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or some chopped garlic)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken or beef, if you like)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (I actually used Prego)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1Sauté olive oil, spices and flour in a pot (it must hold about 4 cups of enchilada sauce) until browning and fragrant.
- 2Break up clumps as best you can.
- 3Add vegetable broth, tomato sauce and salsa and simmer, stirring frequently until thickened.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Sauté veggies with olive oil or butter until onions are transparent.
- 6Heat tortillas in the microwave until soft (about 35 seconds) or put some butter in a skillet and toast that way.
- 7The tortillas just need to be soft enough to fold into enchiladas without breaking.
- 8Fill tortillas with veggie mixture.
- 9Add desired amount of cheese.
- 10Drizzle sauce in enchilada.
- 12Fill a pan or casserole dish with a thin layer of enchilada sauce, place enchiladas in dish as completed.
- 13Finally, pour sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- 14Bake 15-20 minutes at 350°F.
- 16**Any additional veggies or spices can be added, removed or altered in accordance to personal tastes- let me know how it works out!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Veggie Enchiladas With Quick Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.6
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 1249.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: