Recipe by Corilayn
This recipe is a mixture of a few. It's extremely versatile, choosing your own tastes from the veggies to the soup to the cream cheese. It's similar to other "cream chicken" recipes but I think this one has much more taste. Use any cut of chicken you like. Works well with turkey breasts! If you want to make the meal whole without any extra work, it also works great with sliced or chopped potatoes under the chicken.
- 5 chicken legs, back attached
- 3 chopped fresh carrots
- 2 chopped fresh onions
- 2 chopped fresh celery ribs
- 4 chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons steak spice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed broccoli cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer bottom of crock pot with carrots, celery, onions and garlic.
- Season the tops of your chicken pieces with the steak spice and garlic powder.
- Place on top of veggies.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Mix cream cheese, soup, chicken stock, and mushrooms together.
- Pour over chicken and veggies and let cook for an additional hour or until done.
- Serve over rice, pasta, couscous or mashed potatoes.
- I usually (time pending) top it off with fresh parsley and crumbled, cooked bacon.