Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
I came up with this recipe one night when I was looking for something a) healthy b) fast and c) spicy for dinner. It's quick, yummy and was big hit when I made it for a family dinner. Hope you enjoy it!
- olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peppers and onions
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce (I didn't use the entire can, but I guess this depends on how think or thin you like your chili!)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning (You choose the spice level, mild or hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- salt and pepper
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot. Fry the onions/peppers, and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, sauce, green chili’s, taco seasoning, chili and cumin powder.
- Bring to a boil, and then add all the beans.
- Cook for 25 mins on medium flame.
- Add corn and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream.