1/1 Photo of Easy Veggie Burrito for one (Vegan)
I made this for my sister last night, and she raved so spontaneously that I realised this was probably good enough to post here! :-) Personally, I would use less of the bell peppers, but she loves them! You can also add some fresh corn kernels, if you have them... play around with this recipe as much as you want!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (you may use fresh garlic if you like; all I have is the powder!)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 1 whole wheat flour tortilla (I use 95% fat-free)
- salsa (optional)
- 1Heat water (yes, water!) in a saucepan and saute the onions and bell peppers until the peppers are as tender as you want them.
- 2Add the garlic powder, tomatoes, basil, oregano and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- 3Now add the refried beans and cook until bubbling.
- 4Meanwhile, heat a skillet and heat the tortilla, about 15 seconds on each side; remove from the skillet onto serving dish.
- 5Spoon the refried beans mixture into the centre of the tortilla, fold the right and left sides one-third to the centre, then roll up from top to bottom and eat immediately!
- 6Or, roll it any way you want, and eat immediately!
- 7Top with salsa, if you like.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Veggie Burrito for one (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 195.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian refried beans