1/4 Photos of Easy Veggie Burgers
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
These burgers have been tested and approved by my DD. The original recipe is from Chatelaine. The original name of this recipe is "Amazing Veggie Burgers".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 19 ounces black beans
- 1/3 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce or 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or 1 tablespoon soya sauce or 1 1/2 teaspoons HP steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs (must be store bought to work) or 1/2 cup cracker crumb, ground in processor until very fine (must be store bought to work)
- 1/2 cup old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 crusty bread rolls
- 1Drain and rinse beans with cold water.
- 2Drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Add beans, onions, garlic, egg, 2 tbsp barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, oil, salt and pepper to food processor.
- 4Pulse until beans are the size of peas.
- 5Place pulsed mixture into a large bowl.
- 6Add flour and stir until evenly mixed.
- 7Add bread crumbs and mix well.
- 8Add cheese and mix with your hands (mixture is thick).
- 9Divide mixture into six portions.
- 10Flour your hands and shape into 1/2-inch thick burgers (if you don't flour your hands the mixture will stick to them).
- 11The burgers may be refrigerated in a sealed container for 1 day or frozen until ready to grill.
- 12Oil your grill and preheat grill to medium-high.
- 13Place burgers on grill.
- 14Brush with remaining barbecue sauce.
- 15Barbecue with lid down until hot, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 16Serve on buns with desired toppings i.e. pickles, onions, tomatoes, salsa.
- 17For vegetarian make sure you use either a vegetarian Worcestershire sauce or the soy sauce.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Veggie Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.5
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 742.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 17.2 g