Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a modified version of Robin Miller's chicken mexican lasagna.
Make and share this Easy Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup sour cream (regular or low-fat)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided (regular or low-fat)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided (regular or low-fat)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup black beans
- 1⁄2 cup textured vegetable protein
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves (2 tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 6 wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat an 11 by 7-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatos, TVP, beans, spinach, corn, sour cream, 3/4 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese, 3/4 cup of the Cheddar, cilantro, and taco seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
- Arrange half of the tortilla pieces in the bottom of prepared pan, overlapping pieces slightly to cover the surface. Top with half of the bean mixture and smooth over with the back of a spoon to even the top. Layer remaining tortillas over top, and spoon over remaining bean mixture. Top with remaining 1/4 cup each of Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 more minutes, until top is golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- To reheat, bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
This dish is really good. I made just some minor changes. Instead of sour cream I used Greek yogurt and instead of "textured vegetable protein" I used the soy "ground beef" with Mexican flavoring (yet still used 1 tsp of taco spices). I think if I had not used the "ground beef" with Mexican flavoring it would have been a little to bland for me. Also, the next time I'm going to use 10 corn tortillas instead of 8. Over all good dish!