Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a light and easy vegetarian lasagne. You could easily include more vegetables. I based it on a recipe from the Tao Restaurant cookbook from Bloomington, Indiana. That has spinach and more cheeses.
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 24 ounces a favorite tomato sauce
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces Italian cheese, mix shredded (mozzarella, parmesan etc.)
- 4 ounces soy crumbles
- 2 tablespoons onions (either chopped or dried)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1. Cook the noodles.
- 2. Prepare a 9 x 13 pan by putting a thin film of canola oil on the bottom to coat it. Then put a few tablespoons of the tomato sauce on the bottom to coat as well.
- 3. Put down a few of the lasagne noodles. On top of the noodles put spoonfuls of the ricotta cheese, then tomato sauce, then spoonfuls of the shredded cheese mix. Sprinkle over this some of the onions, parsley flakes and soy crumbles.
- 4. Repeat the layers.
- 5. The top should be the noodles covered completely with sauce and then cheese. You might want shredded parmesan on top as well.
- 6. Cook at 400 degrees Farenheit for about 15 minutes. The sauce should be bubbly.
- 7. Let the lasagne sit for a few minutes before serving.