Recipe by _teyie
Here's a quick and easy recipe that is vegetarian, using basic ingredients that you'll have sitting around in the kitchen. Not only will you save time, but this recipe is healthy and can be made vegan too! From the Urban Cooking Guide
Top Review by virgomusic
This recipe turned out really well. I used veggie broth instead of water, and reduced the soy sauce to 1 T. because my broth was salted. The gravy was still a little on the salty side, but tasty. I also added some dried sage, thyme and parsley.
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put margarine in a pot and saute the onions and garlic over med-high heat.
- Reduce heat back to medium after onions and garlic have become golden brown.
- Make a roux by gradually adding the flour, while continuously stirring to avoid lumps.
- Still stirring, add soy sauce and water to the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the gravy has reached desired thickness, turn off the stove and you are done!