1/3 Photos of Easy Vegetarian Gravy
Chef #493833's Note:
Here's a quick and easy recipe that is vegetarian, using basic ingredients that you'll have sitting around in the kitchen. Not only will you save time, but this recipe is healthy and can be made vegan too! From the Urban Cooking Guide
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put margarine in a pot and saute the onions and garlic over med-high heat.
- 2Reduce heat back to medium after onions and garlic have become golden brown.
- 3Make a roux by gradually adding the flour, while continuously stirring to avoid lumps.
- 4Still stirring, add soy sauce and water to the mixture.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Once the gravy has reached desired thickness, turn off the stove and you are done!
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Vegetarian Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.9
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1209.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g