Recipe by sunflame13
This is a very simple chili that takes no effort. Occasionally I'll throw in some beer (12 oz) to give the chili a little more flavor. I use Hormel vegetarian chili mix for a little extra substance.
- 1 (15 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) canspicy chili beans (pinto)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetarian chili starter mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup vegetarian soy crumbles (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan. Saute onion and celery, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans and chili starter to saucepan. Mix thouroughly and heat through.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed. If adding beer, stir slowly and simmer uncovered.
- Let chili simmer at least 15 minutes and serve with a dollop of sour cream or cheddar cheese sprinkled on top.