Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious! If you can't find the frozen vegies, substitute chopped onion, celery, & bell pepper.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables (BirdsEye peppers and onions)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- vegetable bouillon cube
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos (use soy sauce if you don't have it)
- oil (for frying)
- Cook vegies& garlic in a little oil till tender.
- Add paste, ketchup, sugar, Braggs, hot sauce and enough water to thin sauce a little.
- Cook a few minutes, then set aside.
- Cook TVP and bullion in enough water to cover a few minutes.
- Drain, then fry TVP in a little oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix with sauce and cook about 3-5 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Serve on rolls, tortillas, etc.