Delicious! If you can't find the frozen vegies, substitute chopped onion, celery, & bell pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables (BirdsEye peppers and onions)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- vegetable bouillon cube
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos (use soy sauce if you don't have it)
- oil (for frying)
- 1Cook vegies& garlic in a little oil till tender.
- 2Add paste, ketchup, sugar, Braggs, hot sauce and enough water to thin sauce a little.
- 3Cook a few minutes, then set aside.
- 4Cook TVP and bullion in enough water to cover a few minutes.
- 5Drain, then fry TVP in a little oil for 5-10 minutes.
- 6Mix with sauce and cook about 3-5 minutes.
- 7Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- 8Serve on rolls, tortillas, etc.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Vegetarian BBQ/Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 712.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein
Braggs liquid aminos