Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
An excellent low-calorie Japanese dish made with the venerable yam noodle.
Make and share this Easy Vegetable Sukiyaki recipe from Food.com.
1 1/2 cups shiitake mushroom stock
- dried shiitake mushroom
- boiling water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup mixed mushrooms (go for a variety, especially enoki and shiitake)
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 1⁄2 cup Chinese cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra firm tofu
- shiritaki noodles
- To make the shiitake mushroom stock, simply take some dried shiitake mushrooms (and a strip of kelp if you have it) and steep in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain off the mushrooms and set aside.
- Add the Splenda and soy sauce to the mushroom stock; bring to a boil.
- Once it's boiling, add all of the vegetables; boil until they're still a bit on the crisp side, about five minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a separate pot of boiling water and boil the yam noodles for 2-3 minutes. Drain and add to the vegetables (which should be done by now).
- Top with the tofu and enjoy! (preferably with chopsticks!).