Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I used all my favorite veggies in this soup. If you want to omit one, just make sure you have a total of 6 cups of other veggies. Very filling, low-calorie meal!
- 6 cups boiling water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, cut into very small cubes
- 2 large tomatoes, pureed (or equal amount tomato sauce)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 -3 tablespoons quick oatmeal (optional)
- Put water in a large pot, add boullion cubes, onion and potato, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are soft.
- Add all the vegetables, salt, pepper and cumin, cover and simmer for at least 1 hour.
- If you want a thicker soup, add the oatmeal.
I LOVE a good veggie soup....the only thing I did different was add about 1/2lb of ground turkey...(lower fat than beef) it was just enough to add a WONDERFUL flavor...and the whole family was happy!!
This was very easy to make. I used all the veggies as listed except fresh green beans for the frozen ones. The one change I would make next time is to eliminate the cumin. It was too spicy for my taste.