Recipe by Irmgard
From FoodTV.ca, this makes a great dinner accompanied by lots of parmesan cheese and warm garlic bread.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
This soup is very good and so easy to make. I purchased the pesto used in this from Costco. We found the flavor a bit too strong so I'd reduce the amount used next time or try a different brand. Thanks for sharing. I'm always on the lookout for good vegetarian dishes that the whole family can enjoy. Made for Crock Pot and Rice Cooker Game in Kittencalskitchen's forum.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic, minced
- 946.36 ml vegetable broth
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes
- 538.64 g canmixed beans (I use Unico Bean Medley)
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml basil pesto
- 473.18 ml macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all of the ingredients except for the macaroni in the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Just before serving, cook the macaroni in boiling, salted water until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Drain the macaroni and stir it into the soup.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.