Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs 10 mins
From FoodTV.ca, this makes a great dinner accompanied by lots of parmesan cheese and warm garlic bread.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic, minced
- 946.36 ml vegetable broth
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes
- 538.64 g canmixed beans (I use Unico Bean Medley)
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml basil pesto
- 473.18 ml macaroni
- Put all of the ingredients except for the macaroni in the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Just before serving, cook the macaroni in boiling, salted water until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Drain the macaroni and stir it into the soup.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
This soup is very good and so easy to make. I purchased the pesto used in this from Costco. We found the flavor a bit too strong so I'd reduce the amount used next time or try a different brand. Thanks for sharing. I'm always on the lookout for good vegetarian dishes that the whole family can enjoy. Made for Crock Pot and Rice Cooker Game in Kittencalskitchen's forum.
This soup was so easy and delicious.... you have a winner here.... Adding the pesto was the trick that made it so awesome. Thank you for a great recipe!
My Dear, You have a Winner here! I have never, in all my 73 years, actually liked Minestrone. But because I had some carrots that were growing whiskers & some celery that was looking lank, I decided to try your recipe. I started it at 8AM; it is now 2:30PM & I have been dipping into it for hours. The aroma is magnificant. I planned to serve it at 6 this evening but if this keeps up there may be nothing left! I made a few necessary minor adjustments, such as only using one carrot because my slow cooker was beginning to look too full. I can't see how this soup could be any better. I suppose it COULD be ruined were someone absolutely determined, but from a soup which I never liked (& of which I never actually finished a bowl) this is now my very favorite soup! Thank you, thank you, thank you! IT'S EASY TO MAKE AND I LOVE IT!!!!