A quick and easy vegetarian meal. Mild enough for those people who are sensitive to curries and hot spicy foods. Adapted from "1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup potato, peeled,cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste,if desired
- 1Saute onion and garlic 3-4 minutes over medium heat in saucepan sprayed with cooking spray.
- 2Add cauliflower, potato, carrots, broth and spices.
- 3Heat to boiling.
- 4Reduce heat.
- 5Simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- 6Mix flour and water.
- 7Stir into boiling vegetable mixture.
- 8Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- 9Stir in tomato juice, parsley, and lemon juice.
- 10Simmer 2-3 minutes longer.
- 11Season to taste with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- 12Serve over rice.
- 13If you wish to have more protein, you could add some cooked (or canned) chickpeas, or for the carnivores some cubed chicken breast.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Vegetable Curry
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 130.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: