Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
A vegetable meal that starts with the convenience of frozen vegetables. It can be made more hearty by adding 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey with the frozen vegetables in step 2. If you cannot find oyster sauce, substitute 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Recipe from one of Betty Crocker's supermarket cookbooklets.
- 1 cup vegetable broth (chicken broth may be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables (snap peas, carrots, onions and mushrooms)
- 2 1⁄2 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 cups chow mein noodles
- Mix broth, cornstarch, oyster sauce and pepper sauce; set aside.
- Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and frozen vegetables in oil about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in coleslaw mix and broth mixture. Cook and stir 1-1/2 minutes. Serve over noodles.
The recipe is good and easy to make, but we really didn't like the fishy flavor the oyster sauce gave it so we added a package of chow mein sauce mix to it and it gave it better flavor. Thanks for the recipe!
When you have to use frozen veggies for whatever reason this recipe works!