Recipe by 4-H Mom
This recipe came from the Potluck Supper Cookbook which I got for Christmas.
Top Review by Boomette
I didn't have enough liquid so I added a small can of V8. After the 45 minutes, the carrots were still crunchy. I had to add more time. I would have like more mushrooms in the stew. I liked how they were cooked and then added to the stew. It had a great taste. Thanks 4-H mom. Made for Casserole event in photo forum.
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups onions, cut into wedges
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup celery
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine beef pieces, tomatoes and onion in Dutch oven. Cover tightly, bake 1 hour.
- Add carrots, bell pepper, celery, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper to beef mixture, stir. Cover and bake an additional 45 minutes or until beef and carrots are tender.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, cook and stir 10 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Stir mushrooms into stew.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.