Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Here's a lasagna recipe that you can enjoy without too much guilt. To serve on work nights, assemble the night before, pop in oven when you get home. Relax, have a glass of wine, and eat in an hour!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 11x7 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine ricotta and nutmeg, set aside.
- Layer ingredients as follows: Spread about a cup of the sauce on bottom of dish; 3 noodles over sauce to cover; another cup of the sauce; ricotta mixture and vegetables; 1/2 of the mozzarella; remaining 3 noodles; remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil, bake about 1 hour (until noodles are cooked).
- Remove foil, add remaining cheese, bake 5 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
This was fantastic! I was really skeptical of how it would all taste in the end, but I was oh so pleasantly surprised! My husband who likes meat at every meal enjoyed this as well with no complaints whatsoever. I have made this twice now and counting. Although it didnt specify, I used no boil lasagna noodles since there was no step which actually said to "boil lasagna noodles, set aside." Came out just right. Jesus bless you for this recipe. This is one of my personal favorites. And yes, the red bell peppers really make it stand out from others. Thanks again, praise Jesus!
This is an easy and delicious meal. The red peppers give it a nice little kick.
Wonderful Recipe! Unfortunately I only had frozen spinach, but it still came out tasting great (if a bit runny). I also added some broccoli and onion and was pleased. Overall I'm impressed with how easy maintenance this recipe is. Thanks for sharing!