Recipe by Miss_Elaine
While trying to maintain my healthy vegetarian diet, I came up with this excellent subsitute for my high-fat favorite party snack.
Top Review by Three Kids Make Me Crazy
Packaged ranch dressing mix isn't Vegan...I'm allergic to milk, and was looking for a safe alternative to regular spinach dip, which is easiest by searching for vegan recipes. I just wanted to let others know in case they were looking for a milk-free recipe as well, this isn't it. I bet it's really tasty though! :-)
- 1 (14 ounce) package soft tofu
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichokes
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dip mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine drained tofu with spices, and blend together (I used my food processor, but a hand blender would work well too). Thin out mixure with 1-2 T of marinade from the artichokes, until the consistancy of sour cream.
- Add artichokes, roughly chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- Add spinach and mix well.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving cold with pumpernickel bread, crackers, or raw vegetables.