These cookies I came up with myself yesterday when wanting to have some cookies to go with our tea. :) They are quick and easy to make, relatively healthy and to me taste delish. I hope youll enjoy them, too! If you like spicy, feel free to use more ginger, cloves, nutmeg, pepper and cinnamon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup flour, might need about 3 tbs more for kneading
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (I used whole spelt)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/16 teaspoon black pepper (I used freshly ground)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (a bit less, use enough milk to fill cup up to 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1In a big bow combine, flours, baking powder, salt and spices.
- 2In another bowl combine oil, honey or agave syrup and enough milk to make 1/3 cup. Then add sugars and vanilla bean paste or extract. Stir to combine.
- 3Add the wet to the dry ingredients and knead into a smooth, soft dough. If it's too sticky, add a tbs of flour at a time until you can handle the dough well.
- 4Roll out thinly (to about 2 mm/0.07 inch) and cut out desired shapes. I used a cookie cutter of about 6 cm/2.5 inches in diameter.
- 5Place cookies on a paper-lined or greased baking sheet and bake in the pre heated oven at 180°C/350°F for 10-12 minutes or until browned around the edges.
- 6Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Vegan Spice Thins (No Chill Time)
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.2
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 14.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla bean paste