I had these coupons for Nasoya Creations to get them for almost nothing, so I wanted to buy a few and experiment...and this one came out awesome. Note that tofu-based desserts are really an acquired taste! Thus I know all you vegans will like it but my more...carnivorous and/or dairy-loving readers may want to pass. Vegans don't have to miss out on the pumpkin pie. :) Better yet, it's up to you if you want to mix by hand or blender/food processor depending on what you have available to you.
- Blend the soy and pumpkin together, either by whisking together with a whisk or fork, or pulse low in a blender or food processor until fully blended.
- Add the brown sugar, pulse again.
- Add the vanilla and lemon juice, pulse again.
- Add the dry spices and blend well.
- Enjoy it cold garnished with some fresh mint leaves if you want to eat it as pudding, or bake in a pie crust at 350 for 35-40 minutes for your vegan Thanksgiving!