Recipe by rsarahl
You won't miss the eggs in these vegan pancakes.
Top Review by The Veganista
As is, I rate this a 4 but with my modifications it would be a 5. I had to add about 2 more tbs of sugar and more cinnamon because they were very very bland. BUT they rose beautifully! I have made a handful of different vegan pancakes and these are the best I've ever made! Rather than leaving them to rest for 3-5 min, I let them rest for 15 min. The batter was kind of foamy looking and then I poured them into a very well buttered pan. Make sure your pan is very hot, that's a must! I flip mine over as soon as they're flip-able which is when the ends are cooked. That's it! I have a new go-to pancake recipe. Thanks for the basics!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups soymilk or 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, lightly mix all ingredients until just combined.
- Overmixing will make the pancakes tough.
- Leave mixture on the counter to rest for 3-5 minutes and then fold it onto itself two or three times, lightly to make sure that the batter is fairly well incorporated.
- Cook on a greased skillet or griddle over medium to medium high heat until golden.
- If there are large lumps, carefully break them apart with the spatula while the pancakes are cooking.
- Serve immediately.