Recipe by tumbleweedland
Found this recipe and it's great! http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/10/easy-macaroni-and-cheeze.html
- 1 lb regular pasta or 1 lb gluten-free pasta
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup plain non-fat soymilk (may use other non-dairy milk)
- 3⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch or 3 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon mellow white miso (or additional salt)
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the pasta on to boil, according to package directions. While it’s cooking, blend all remaining ingredients together in a blender.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain it, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water, and return the pasta to pan.
- Add the sauce mixture and cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Add a little of the pasta water if more moistness is needed.
- If the sauce is not as flavorful as you’d like, add a little more mustard and onion powder.
- Preparation time: 10 minute(s) | Cooking time: 25 minute(s).