Recipe by Kozmic Blues
From ChooseVeg.com. This sounded quick, easy and delicious! Posting so I don't loose it
Top Review by movingalways
Fabulous soup, my first ever cooking with soy milk. I had cauliflower in the fridge so I made it a cream of broccoli and cauliflower soup. I used the florets of one head of broccoli (plus the top of the stems) and 1/2 head of cauliflower, turned out yummy!
- 1 lb broccoli
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the broccoli into florets and slice about one-fourth of the top of each stem.
- Reserve 1 cup of florets.
- Put the broccoli, onion, garlic, and broth or water in a large saucepan
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and add the flour.
- Process until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan; add the remaining ingredients and the florets.
- Cook over medium heat until the soup thickens and is heated through.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper and serve.