Recipe by Prose
You couldn't fool anybody that this is the "real" thing, but it is definitely tasty, especially if you haven't had dairy in a while. I like it as a dip for potato chips. It's also great on crackers or tomato slices. It's a hodgepodge of recipes I found on the internet. Silken tofu is the kind that comes in the little aseptic box, often found on the shelf in the health-food section or refrigerated in the produce section at your local grocery store.
Top Review by Stefani P.
I give it 4 stars for the simple fact that it's more Reminiscent Of an egg salad. Delicious, yes! I left out the salt since the mayo was salty enough. If you omit the onion and garlic, it'll be more similar to a cottage cheese.
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) box firm silken tofu
- 2⁄3 cup vegan mayonnaise (I like vegenaise)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble tofu into a bowl. Mush with your hands until the texture is like cottage cheese curds.
- Mix with other ingredients until if resembles cottage cheese, adding more vegenaise or some water if necessary.
- Sprinkle with extra dill, if desired, or garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve chilled. Enjoy!