Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend of mine gave this to me... looks interesting!
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, diced (optional)
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup lightly toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- In a large frying pan, sautee the onion in the oil for 3-5 minutes. Add rice and lemongrass and cook for about two minutes, until rice is toasted, stirring frequently and adding more oil if needed.
- Carefully add water to rice.
- Allow to boil before reducing heat and covering. Continue to stir occasionally for about 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and cook 10-15 more minutes, until rice is cooked through.
- Top with toasted coconut flakes, if desired, and enjoy!